Tuesday, November 12, 2019

What's in my bathroom drawers?

Are you the type of person that opens people's bathroom cabinets when you're visiting?  I mean, I hope not, because that's kind of weird.  BUT if you are that type of person, you're going to love today's post.  Here's my current fave beauty and skincare products (that you'd see if you opened my cabinets. But don't because, and I can't stress this enough, that is weird.)

Skincare:

It's a never-ending search for perfection but here are my current front runners.

Neutrogena Hydrogel Moisturizer (This should be $20 or less at your local drugstore, Target, etc. Of course Amazon also carries it.  The price seems to go up from time to time as people discover this great moisturizer!)

Hada Labo Foaming Cleanser.  This gently cleanses without being harsh. Plus, it's under ten bucks. Win/win.

Biore Watery Essence. This has a sunscreen.  My generation doesn't seem to be very big on sunscreen and avoiding sun exposure but I try to be!  Under $20. This goes on before your makeup.

Murad Intensive C-Radiance Peel.  I use this about 2ce a week to help my getting-older-skin regenerate and look fresh.  This runs close to $60 and is the most expensive facial care product I use.

Makeup:

Jane Iredale primer.  I'm not sold on this being perfect so I probably won't re-purchase when the tube runs out but darn it smells amazing. I'll miss the scent!

For coverage I rotate between Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream or Cover Girl true match foundation or MakeupForEver foundation (yes that's a wide range of price points).  I've not found the "holy grail" item here yet.  I've used mineral makeup like Laura Mercier and Bare Minerals but the powder just doesn't quite do it for me.  If you have a foundation recommendation, please share!

Benefit Brow Zings.  I'm not a fan of the tiny thin brows OR the overly drawn and monochromatic ones.  I just like to add a little filler in sparse spots to define my face.  The brow zings do a good job.  Sephora doesn't seem to carry the one I still have but Macy's does.  It's listed at $32. I must have gotten mine as a sample or something because I don't love my brows enough to pay thirty bucks.

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning.  Just got this at Ulta a few weeks ago. I always suffer from chapped lips and this is the best balm I've tried so far (and I've tried nearly all!). I paid a little over $4 for my tube but you can get 2 tubes for less than that on Amazon!


Nars Blush. This one is my favorite! The color is just perfection on me and no others quite live up to it.  This is pricey but does seem to last a long time (6 mos-a year).

Bronzer. I first got a Hoola bronzer as a free sample and loved it so much I bought another little one.  I do not do a heavy contour...just a bit of cheek and forehead definition.  So my little bitty bronzers have lasted a long time!

Hair Care

AG Hair The Oil.  My hair stylist uses this (Ulta Link) when she does my hair and it comes out amazing. I use it and "meh."  I'm not sure I'd re-purchase it because I like the following oil better.

Moroccan Oil Treatment.  An old stylist gave me a little free sample of this. When I'm out of hair oil, I will purchase more of this one!  The website sells it for around $15 although I'm pretty sure I've seen smaller bottles for around $3 at Kroger in the hair section.  So that's a great option if you want to try it a few times before committing to spending $15.

Hairspray.  I bought a trial size of a more expensive brand and hated it.  Zero hold. So back to my trust Garnier I go!  $3 a bottle and it holds better than that high end brand! 

Rusk Thermal Serum.  This purports to help protect your hair from heat damage.  I do like how it feels and Rusk is a well-known brand. I found mine at TJ Max.  I've only used it a few times and will have to use it consistently for awhile to see if I want to buy it again.


Miscellaneous:

Who are we kidding?  My bathroom cabinets also have assorted eyeshadow (none that I adore right now), random hair pins and ties, and a few other lipsticks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)