Monday, March 11, 2013

Easter Basket Edibles (that aren't candy!)

Looking for something edible, besides candy, to put in your child's Easter basket this year?

Originally posted last year, here are 13 20 ideas for you!



Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-candy.  I'm not a super crunchy mom who is only putting organic oats and fair trade yarn in her childrens' Easter baskets.

  • I love candy.  
  • Our kids love candy.  
  • I do not love being in my house after the kids have consumed an entire Easter Basket/Halloween Bucket/Christmas Stocking full of candy.  

So while they get a little bit, I try to limit it.  If, like me, you don't want to spend Easter weekend scraping young children off the walls, here are some ideas of treats you can put in their baskets!  Choose one or choose several for their baskets.  Whatever floats your boat.  :-)

1. Juice boxes
2. Granola bars (doesn't have to be the whole box!  Buy one box and stick a couple in each kid's basket)
3. Bag of microwave popcorn
4. Little cartons or baggies of Goldfish crackers
5. Mini boxes of cereal
6. Graham cracker sticks
7. Animal crackers
8. Pretzel sticks
9. Puffs (for the toddler age group)
10. Fruit cups
11. Jello cups
12. Baggy of Cheez-It crackers
13. Teddy Grahams
14. Mini bags of chips
15. Honey roasted peanuts (the 50 cent kind from the checkout stand)
16. Chewing gum
17. A sleeve of Poptarts
18. Bag of beef jerky
19. Veggie straws
20. Drink mix (hot chocolate, flavored water like Mio or Propel, etc)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy,

    This is a great list. My girls have never grown tired of Teddy Grahams or Goldfish. Both are on my shopping list this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions! I have been looking for some good alternatives to candy. visiting from a Pinteresting party and just pinned this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this fabulous list of alternatives, I am in complete agreement :) I've also added artsy items from coloring books, to sketch books as they grow older…who doesn't like doodling. Thanks for bringing some healthy tips to our New Year! I found you on Family Friday Link up and look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)