We went out of town last weekend for a family vacation to an amusement park. It was quite fun. However, of course during 7+ hours in a car, the kids found some unique things to argue over. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Whose foot is on which parent's head rest.
- Someone got the last local baseball schedule freebie calendar from a Fazoli's and the other was extremely upset that he didn't also get one. This preceded 20 minutes of my life that I spent trying to coax the baseball schedule owner to share with the non-schedule owner.
- Whose stuff is in the middle of the seat and whether or not it should be there.
- 4 year old got a long net on a stick from Bass Pro Shops. This was a rookie parenting mistake that we should be ashamed of ourselves for. Because of course then he tapped it on the windows and came dangerously close to whacking Big Brother in the face with it.
- Whether or not the net (see #4) was too far over the center of the seats (see #3).
- Someone grabbed a free fishing catalog from Bass Pro Shops and someone else did not. Similarly to #2, the non-catalog owner was quite upset that he didn't have one. There were tears involved.
What crazy things have your kids bickered about? It seems like they can always find something. :) Nevertheless, it was actually a lot of good family time!