- Fever 1793-finished
- When We Were On Fire-mostly finished
- Orphan Train-finished? I think?
- The Girl Who Stopped Swimming-finished
- The Exodus Road-finished
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler-finished (AWESOME children's chapter book)
- Backseat Saints-finished
- Gods in Alabama-finished
- Esperanza Rising-finished
- This Is Where I Leave You-finished
- Reading in the Wild-mostly finished
- Jesus Feminist-mostly finished
- Mini-Shopaholic-finished (love Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series)
- All The Wrong Questions Book 1 by Lemony Snicket-finished (another great series for kids)
There were other books that I can't remember and didn't write down, but 18 books (3 "mostly" finished, 15 totally done) read in the year seems pretty good, especially for a mom who is in school, busy raising kids, and volunteering.
Do you have a reading list for the year? It seems like there are always new books that I stumble onto mid-year so it's not possible, for me, to create a definitive list of all the books I will read. But there are some high up on my list.
(Each picture of the book cover will link to the book on amazon if you'd like to read about the book. These are NOT AFFILIATE LINKS. I won't make any money if you click the link or buy a book. Just want to share my love of reading and make it easier for you to find these books.)
Read it in one day. Fascinating fictional story of a woman who was abducted and held captive for a year but escaped. The way the story is told is unique. Be warned, there is some language, rape triggers, and SPOILER ALERT ******** a baby's death************. Still, I thought the author told the story well and I have these other books of hers on my wishlist:
There's my list so far. If there is a book you think I should add to it, let me know!
As of May, books read in 2015 include:
Death Trap (M. William Phelps)
Confessions of the Private School Murders (James Patterson)
Before I Go To Sleep (S J Watson)
The Nobodies Album (Carolyn Parkhurst)
Never Knowing (Chevy Stevens)
That Night (Chevy Stevens)
Always Watching (Chevy Stevens)
Still Missing (Chevy Stevens)
When Did You See Her Last? (Lemony Snicket)
The Silent Wife (A.S.A. Harrison)
Redfield Farm (Judith Redline Coopey)
A Grown Up Kind of Pretty (Joshilyn Jackson)
What Happened To Hannah (Mary Kay McComas)