Welcome to the blog! Make yourself at home! Remember, if you see something you like, pin it. It helps get the word out about my blog. Thanks!
Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goal Setting. A month late. So what.

I just read Money Saving Mom's update on her progress of goals for the year.  You can see it here: caution, she is ambitious and makes me look like a slouch.

Her categories are great though, so I'm going to set just a few goals in each category and do a monthly check-in here.  Then you all can yell and point fingers at me when I get off track.  :-)

Personal:
  • Read through the New Testament this year. (currently in Matthew 20)
  • Take photos and upload to a snapfish photobook each month so at the end of the year I just have to "print", no more paper scrapbooking.
  • Continue keeping soda-drinking habit in check, one a week. (Doing good in January!)
  • Finish my next degree and again graduate with honors. (All A's in my classes this semester so far)
Children:
  • Plan summer homeschool curriculum for oldest
  • Actually DO the summer homeschooling.

Ministry/Community Involvement:
  • Continue volunteering in nursery
  • Volunteer again on Thanksgiving Day
  • Fill 6 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child this year
  • Volunteer at elementary school once a week
  • Participate in PTO
Working/Blogging:
  • Remain active in my 2 blog buddy groups by sharing my new posts and commenting on theirs.
  • Get to 400 GFC followers (at 280 as of January)
  • Update Facebook at least once a week.
  • Post 2ce a week on the blog
Financial/Giving:
  • Continue tithing to our church without missing any months. 
  • Pay cash for vehicle repairs (2 vehicles needed work within 2 weeks of each other. *tear*)
  • Agree with husband on Emergency Savings amount for the year and attain it.
  • Pay cash for all birthday/Christmas gifts
  • Send cash donation each month to one of the charities we value. (Done for January)
  • Save my spare change for one of the charities on the list. (.75 so far)
  • Sell the kids old clothes and donate the money
  • Give away some of the kids old clothes. (Did some in January)

Social Responsibility:
  • Buy Made in the USA products for my kids birthday party supplies and presents and Christmas presents at least 75% of the time.
  • Call or write my elected officials about matters that well, matter, to me.  (Done a bunch in January!)
Household:
  • Get the kids clothes we are saving organized and put away.
  • Sand and paint deck.
  • Organize pantry. (Please send help!)


5 comments:

  1. I especially like "Remain active in my 2 blog buddy groups by sharing my new posts and commenting on theirs." ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it was Money Saving Mom's weekly goals that got me to finally get off my butt and launch my blog which I had wanted to do for years! The concept is so simple, yet keeps me from blowing things off, if nothing else, I get satisfaction crossing things off my list.

    BTW - I don't think you're a slouch.

    I don't post my goals on my blog since it's a baby name blog. I have to cross off every... little... thing. For example, I don't write down run 9 miles for the week and then cross it off at the end of the week. Here's what I do for a typical task for the week:

    Run 9 miles: 3 day 1… 3 day 2… 3 day 3…

    I cross off each day after I run.

    It might seem tedious, but if I've run 6 of the 9 miles for the week but haven't crossed anything off, I miss having that visual of my accomplishment : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great goals, there sure are a lot of them!! I found you on Blog Hop Friday. Come visit at www.mamatinkstinkerings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good goals. I aim for a few of those. I'm thinking of homeschooling myself, but mine is only 2. Do you have any tips on what I should be doing with her now?
    Congrats on the A's and the soda thing. That is something I have to work on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Goals! I need to do mine. I also follow Money Saving Mom. For Pantry organizational ideas look at http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ She has inspired me. Great I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)

linkwithin

.