Thursday, March 1, 2012

But seriously, WATER

Sometimes, we need to think beyond our own little lives of crafts, home decor, and hairdos.

Sometimes, we need to be serious.  There is a world out there, past our own noses.  A world that hurts.



Today, 4,000 children will die because they didn't have clean water.  1 every 20 seconds.


photo credit WaterAid / Marco Betti

Tomorrow, another 4,000 children will die.

And the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that.

Credit: WaterAid / Suzanne Porter
These facts sober me.

I'm working on processing this information and seeing what tiny bit I can do to help.  When there are more details, I'll let you know and hope you join me.



1 child is too many.  4,000 is darn near criminal.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Tammy! With everything else clammoring for our attention it's sometimes easy to forget what's not right in our faces.
    I'll await your next post on this and help all I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much here in the USA and it's hard to remember that there are other countries that aren't nearly as fortunate as us. I agree that something must be done. Sometimes I think just giving money isn't enough, it doesn't always fix the problem, just puts a band aid on it. However, I don't have a better solution. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm practically speechless. I think about my own kids and how beyond horrified I would feel if they couldn't even get water.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)