This is not one of those posts.
To be honest those facebook updates of "I'll post something I'm thankful for every single day during November!" drive me nuts. "Today I'm thankful for my lovebug, husband, lover, best friend, kissy kissy kissy face xoxoxo. He is truly my rock. My everything. My heart. My soul."
And this crap goes on for the. entire. month. Day after day of old friends and new buddies posting this gooey mush about their husband and kids.
Then you get the days where they are really reaching to come up with something so it's a "Day 25. I'm thankful for shoelaces!"
Wow. Deep stuff there. /sarcasm
This post is for you, fellow cynics of the world, struggling to get through this month of Thankfulness without throttling someone.
5 Things I am Not Thankful For
5. Kids that hand me bugs. I have awesome boys. But no, it is not "the thought that counts." I do not want to hold your bug/worm/spider/cicada/ant. It isn't a gift I want. Do not hand it to me. No thank you.
4. Diarrhea. The runs. The trots. The liguid poo. It is awful and dreadful and I am not thankful for diarrhea at all. ever. No thank you.
3. Junk in my water. True story: Went to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel, ordered a water. Waitress brings water and there's something floating around in it. No thank you. Not thankful for debris in my water.
2. Zits. Weren't we supposed to have outgrown this by now? NOT THANKFUL.
1. People deleting my dvr recordings. Unnamed persons in this household have been caught hitting 'stop' when something comes on that I was going to record. This leaves me with the first 26 minutes of a 2 hour movie. Cut that out. Not thankful.
What are you NOT thankful for today? Leave your answers in the comments. This can be our own little safe haven away from the insanity that is facebook in November!