Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What I'm Reading

Last week at my library visit I wanted to get one of the books in the Shopaholic series. I went to that section but they didn't have the one I wanted. But another book (different author) caught my eye and I read it quickly. And liked it!
So yesterday I went to get the next book in the series.
Here is what I'm reading:
A Tendering in the Storm, by Jane Kirkpatrick.

It is the 2nd in a series about a woman who heads west in the 1800s. While the book is classified as fictional, it is based on historical figures. I love hearing about how Emma Giesy arrived out west, the religious differences among them, how the woman survived alone with a baby, and more.

What are you reading? Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction, or a hybrid of both like Kirkpatrick's book?

Linking up here.
And here.

1 comment:

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)