Friday, February 4, 2011

Someone sucks at hand-sewing

And it is me, me, me, me.

I wanted to make this adorable Easter garland. It looks like peeps! Saw it on another blog and just had to do it.

But my sewing machine is not here right now and it is old and probably ready to retire anyway.

Undeterred, I thought, "I can do this by hand!"

yeah. great idea.

I traced the pattern and cut out my yellow bunny peep shapes. So far so good. I can operate a pair of scissors.

Then I started sewing bunnies to the ribbon. They got tangled in each other. I stabbed myself with the needle and cursed a few times. Don't judge me.

While sewing bunnies I realized something. I suck at hand-sewing. My first stitches were HORRIBLY uneven. But I went with it.

And in the end, it actually is quite charming. Folksy. I'm going to pretend I did it that way on purpose. Shhhh. It'll be our little secret!**look, my picture is sideways. Not only can untrained apes sew better than me, I bet they could beat me at uploading pictures too!

PS...if you want to see the beautiful version done by someone with talent, you can see it here.

Linking up at places that will tell me I'm fabulous even though I'm mediocre:


Fantabulous Friday!



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


5 comments:

  1. I tried to hand sew a scarf for my mom for Christmas. It ended in misery. XD

    I love your bunnies. They're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great idea for a garland. It looks so. . .folksy. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I think this is fabulous!! Not to mention, it turned out way cute!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)