Welcome to the blog! Make yourself at home! Remember, if you see something you like, pin it. It helps get the word out about my blog. Thanks!
Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 27, 2014

My First DIY

Do you remember the very first craft or project you did?

I can't quite go back that far---as a kid I was always making something.  There is one memory that stands out though.

It must have been around the time I was 12.  HGTV had just really started to be a "thing" and I loved watching the craft shows.  They always did such cool stuff and that was where I first learned about decoupage and rubber stamping and scrap booking.

So at the age of 12, my mom was the cameraman and I created my own craft show.  The "set" was our living room with a card table set up.  Pretty sure I wore a groovy knit vest and put on some lipstick.

The project was either a button picture frame or a decoupage box, I forget which one it was.  just that I had such high hopes of being a guest on the Carol Duvall show!  Ha!

What was your first craft?  Do you remember it?

3 comments:

  1. hi there,

    Stopping by from A Bountiful Love :)
    I could not remember the first craft I made.. However I know, that I made more DI Y's and crafts when I became a momma . You know what I used to watch before? CRAFT WARS..not that im into competition..I just love to discover new ways and new products and how to use it :)

    Have a blessed week and thank you for stopping by at my blog ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw..followed you through Networked Blogs and Blog Lovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so not crafty....I have very little patience but I love watching other people come up with something out of almost nothing:)

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)

linkwithin

.