Monday, April 25, 2011

DIY Wall Art

My father-in-law recently painted our bathroom for me. It was builder white and we got paint called "Pearl Ash Gray" from Walmart. It is a very light gray, but it adds a bit of color and warmth that the bathroom was previously lacking.

I wanted some wall art to go with it and when I saw some crocheted flowers from an etsy seller, I knew I had to have them. Jmaeson makes these adorable little flowers. She even has butterflies now!
She sweetly worked with me to get the right color yellow flowers I wanted and even created a custom listing. I purchased 9 flowers from her for $4.50. Then I picked up this black frame from Walmart for $3.
If you already have a frame at home, skip buying a new one and paint the old one whatever color you need!



Next, I laid out some paper choices and my flowers. Get the feel for what works together. I decided on the blue paper to give my bathroom a pop of color in addition to the black and gray accesories already in there.
I just cut my paper down to size, and then used a tape runner to adhere the flowers. Even though my tape runner is white, you can't see it through the flowers. You could use a glue pen or even double sided tape if you wanted to.

Next, put a nail in the wall. You'll notice I didn't have a traditional hammer.

Hang and admire your handiwork. Also, notice how ugly the switchplate is.
bathroom

Thanks Janie for helping me get the right color of sweet yellow flowers! I love the framed design and it adds some color and texture to my bathroom while still fitting with the casual, simple feel of the room.

If you'd like to check out Janie's shop, click here. I am in no way paid or endorsed for this post, I just happen to really like her flowers and thought you might too!

Total project cost: $7.50 Not bad my friends!

Linking Here:
Craft DIY Ideas LINKPARTYBUTTON

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you for some wonderful (and cheap!!!) inspiration today :)

    Megan K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like your hammer! I have painted over a few of my switch plates while waiting for the "perfect" one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Love the hammer! My kind of gal, use whatever does the job. You have a great blog. And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind message. Love hearing from you. Hope you come back again. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The yellow flowers pop against the blue background! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)