Monday, April 1, 2013

What I'm Reading ("When Helping Hurts")

Ahhhhh a good book.  I remember devouring the Babysitter's Club series when I was a kid.  Fiction was what the genre of choice for me then.  

Now as an adult, I still love fiction but non-fiction is attractive as well.
And, it is what I'm reading right now.


The description from amazon says in part "Churches and individual Christians typically have faulty assumptions about the causes of poverty, resulting in the use of strategies that do considerable harm to poor people and themselves. Don't let this happen to you, your ministry or ministries you help fund!"

I'm halfway through the book right now and it is quite good.  I'm thinking differently about how I can help people most effectively without hurting or insulting them.

I bought my copy from a local Christian bookstore, you can see if your store carries it and if not, there is always amazon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to read it! I'm in the middle of two (Primal by Mark Batterson and Pride and Prejudice) but hopefully I'll be able to start soon.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)