Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finishing Touches

About a month ago, I had a plain little composition notebook looked like this: I wanted to jazz it up and make it cute. So I cut some scrapbook paper to size and stuck it on there.

Something just wasn't jiving though.

Hmmm. I found a pink coordinating paper and punched a circle (Which by the way Fiskars punches rock my socks. And no, they did not pay me to say that. They don't even know I exist.)

There's a start.

Then I found some cheery green ribbon and cut a piece.

Time to start playing with different looks. Finally I saw one of my adorable little elephant stamps and decided that was the missing link! A little inking, stamping and ribboning (look, I made a new verb!) and the notebook was done.

A cheerful mini-notebook. Just the right size for jotting down notes, to do lists, grocery lists, or doodling during a boring business meeting (just don't let the boss man see!).

Whadya think, should I put it up for sale in my etsy shop? Or hoard it and keep it all to myself?

Linked at these great places:
Someday Crafts
Whatever Goes Wednesday

Night Owl Crafting
A Glimpse Inside
Paisley Passions
giveaways

2 comments:

  1. So cute! It definitely needed a little something extra. Love the little elephant! Thanks for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse Party. Always nice to see a new face! :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)