Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 in Review


Rage Against the Minivan had this neat recap of the year.  I copied her.  Well with my OWN answers of course!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
graduated from college!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
meh.  My only goal was to not care what people thought of me, my family, my kids, my house, etc.  I'm getting better at it.  Same goal for this year, it is a work in progress.  Also working to buy more made in the USA items and increase our giving.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several dear friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but an  old friend from high school lost her mom weeks before Christmas.  
5. What countries did you visit?
hahaha.  You think a one income family with three kids can afford international travel?  Not this one!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More regularly  reading my Bible.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My Rainbow Baby's 1st birthday. (a rainbow baby is one born after a loss, it signifies that the loss/storm is still there, but with this new life comes a promise of added joy.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my first college degree!  YEARS in the making!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Mt. Laundry.  I have not conquered it yet.  Send help.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh please.  My doctors know the sound of my voice over the phone without me even identifying myself.  I have single-handedly saved the medical economy.  You're welcome.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Crayola crayons for .25 a box at the back to school sales!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Paying the mortgage probably.  I'm proud to report that we now own the toilet.  The rest of the money paid on interest.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Education!  Hands on! Montessori!  Wheeeeee!
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way!"  
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? happier
– thinner or fatter? thinner.  20 lbs GONE.
– richer or poorer? our savings account took a hit with medical expenses, but we're building it back up
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
played more games as a family
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Caring what other people's opinions of us are.  God's opinion matters, theirs does not.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We stayed home Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Well we went to church, but we did not go try to visit 110 different family events.  It was marvelous.  
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I have watched Grey's Anatomy from the start so that is always top of the list.  This year I discovered a few new funny shows too, "Up All Night," "The Middle," "Modern Family," and "The Big Bang Theory"
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Escape by Carolyn Jessop
The Help (isn't that on everyone's list?)
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Jeremy Camp, Adele, Lady Gaga, some country
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
hmmm

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I am old enough to stop telling my age!  We had pizza and cake with our families.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A DVR.  
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
jeans and a tshirt.  "Mom Uniform"
26. What kept you sane?
My husband, my parents, friends, finding funny things on pinterest.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Pour bacon drippings on the dog's food if you want her to love you forever.
-----
Let me know if you do this 2011 in Review too, I'd love to read it!

6 comments:

  1. " I'm proud to report that we now own the toilet. " lol! I think we own ours too. :)

    Mona @ poppinupallover.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Isn't it a feeling of accomplishment Mona? I'm hoping that by the end of this year we'll also own the sink and brass light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the medical expenses. This past year, the doctors discovered I had some congenital defect and I had to have surgery. And my infant son had an ear infection every other week. Eventually he got tubes.

    My husband got into an expensive automobile accident, and we had to replace our hot water heater. 2011 was expensive.

    But I started following my weekly goals list, and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the comment about owning the toilet was pretty funny! I guess we don't own ours, since we rent! Nice idea with the list, though! Maybe I will borrow it soon with my answers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there is nothing real prestigious about owning your own toilet. You aren't missing a lot. LOL

    Let me know if you do, I would love to see your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea, I may have to start doing this in my journal every new year's eve... : )

    Fondly,
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)