Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why that Malaysian Airline Joke Isn't Funny

You know that Malaysian airline that has disappeared?
You don't?  Get caught up here and then come back.

Okay now we're all on the same page of this bizarre mystery.  Was it a hijacking?  Did the pilot do something on purpose?  Are they alive and held hostage somewhere?  Is everyone dead?  There are no answers yet.

Which leads me to the tacky:
Photo: Ha . . . . I knew it!

This image has been going around the internet and social media.  Obviously making a joke that the airline has landed on Gilligan's Island.

I like Gilligan as much as the next guy, but this makes me cringe.

239 people were on that plane.

239 families are worried about their loved ones.

7 children were on that plane.  One of them just 2 years old.  5 haven't even turned 5 years old yet. (source)

7 children are either hostages or dead right now.

Let's honor the families and not make light of the situation.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It's really not funny. It actually makes my stomach churn every time I think about the people on that plane and all the family and friends that are waiting for them:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Rachel. I hope the families at the very least get some closure to what happened.

      Delete
  2. I'm so interested in this. I hope resolution comes soon, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for the families of these missing people.

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)